This profitable dining and lodging establishment, located in the historic downtown district of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, has operated as a full service inn since 1986, yet the facility, built in 1884 and on the historic registry, has housed a pharmacy as well as a shoe store, a clothing store and more during its lifetime.
The establishment employs approximately 30 - 40 people depending on the time of year, including the owners. In addition to the owners acting as managers, there are three long-time staff members who act as shift managers. Thus the owners are able to take vacation time and have days off even during the busiest times.
Roughly 80% of the establishment’s volume is from the restaurant, which began operation in 1988. The restaurant dining room seats 58 people with additional seating for 14 in the bar. The bar is full service and the establishment has always had a license to sell beer, wine and spirits. The restaurant offers casual contemporary American food across all three of the meal services. It provides meals with both contemporary flair as well as some traditional offerings.
This establishment also offers nine guestrooms, each with a bathroom, individual temperature control, television and telephone. There is also a common room for guests on the second floor. While each room is uniquely decorated, the rooms all have queen size beds, with the exception of one king bed. Two rooms have outdoor seating. There is a separate dining room on the first floor, adjacent to the front desk, for the exclusive use of overnight guests.